Sunday, April 3, 2011

Finally a Finale


IT'S DONE!
I've come to my happy place in figuring out what I've wanted for the baby's room. It's been an evolutionary process for sure, and now I'm finally happy! I think it's just my style- not too frilly, but still girly, and definitely one of a kind.
I made the blanket, pillows, and valance. My mom helped me cover the bumpers but I went back and chopped off all the ties and replaced them with the polka dot ones. Sorry, Mom. Thanks for all your hard work!
(Notice the purple painted walls. Hooray for not being scared of color!)




It's kind of a bad picture of the valance. But here's a closeup of the cute flowers I put on the corner:


This is the changing table. I repainted it, added new knobs, and modge podged the paper in the cupboard doors. I also needed a place to hold diapers and wipes for diaper changes. I had room for a little side table when we used it for Hudson, but this room is smaller so I had to get creative and made the little basket hanging on the side:
I also made this car seat canopy. It's my second one because, yes, I changed my mind about the first one. Don't judge me. :)
I'm so happy it's all done and I'm pretty sure Jeff is ready to have his "sane" wife back and a house without thread and fabric scraps all over and a dinner table without a sewing machine as a permanent fixture back, too.
I can't believe how close it's getting to the due date. I'm feeling good for the most part, but I'm ready to be done. Can't wait to get this baby in my arms!

3 comments:

Misty said...

It's all adorable!! I am so jealous that you did all that. I wish I took the time to be more crafty.

Tami said...

LOVE it all!

Cori Henderson said...

I love it! You did such an amazing job putting it all together!!!