Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July

Pretty much the only reason we went to Provo's 4th of July parade was because my Grandpa Schumann was in it (ok, and I like parades. Jeff...not so much). As the picture shows, he is a World War II Veteran. Words can't describe the love and respect I have for this guy. He's the best guy in the world and I am blessed to call him my grandpa. My heart was swelled up with pride as he went by and I wanted to shout to the crowd "This is MY grandpa!" and show him off to everyone. Almost all the girls in our family ran up to him and gave him hugs and kisses and I was happy to do the same.

Isn't he the cutest?

Our little family practically melting at the parade.


After the parade we met up with Jeff's family and drove up Payson canyon to Maple Lake. We ate fried chicken and then went fishing.

Hudson caught one.

Jeff decided to go for a swim in the lake. I was so tempted to join him but with the thunder clouds rolling in and with things to still do for the remainder of the day, decided against it.

Going for a ride in a kayak that Jeff's nephew built.


You have to eat watermelon on the 4th, of course.


After the lake we switched families again and met my mom and fam for fireworks. I thought I forgot our camera so I didn't get any pictures, but later found out it had been in the car all along. Argh. Oh well. We were a little disappointed with the fireworks this year. Oh well. It was still a fun day. Long, hot, and tiring, but fun.
I am so grateful for the freedom we enjoy and for the sacrifices of those that have served and now serve our country. Thank you. I love my freedom and I'm proud to be an American!

6 comments:

The CHAFFIN'S said...

OHHH Grandpa is so cute! That is so neat to see him in the Parade! Love you and I to am happy for my freedom and to be and AMERICAN!!! Happy 4th of JULY

Tami said...

Your Grandpa is so cute! I would be so proud too! I love the watermelon pictures you and your little family go fishing a lot, something we wish we did more. (mostly my husband) Maybe someday we will have a boy for him.
Anyways I am glad you had a great 4th!

Holly said...

How cute! i dont know why but that pic of you and you grandpa made me cry! must be the hormones! or he is just that cute.

Cori Henderson said...

What a fun day! Your grandpa is so cute! How fun that he was in the parade.

Blackham said...

How much fun. My eyes got a little teary when I saw your grandpa in the parade. I get so proud of my grandpa's when I see them in the parades with all the other veterans. The lake looks like a lot of fun. We need to go up the canyon with you sometime and do some hobbo dinners.

Autumn said...

I LOVE veterans!! It chokes me up every time. He IS so darling!!