Thursday, May 20, 2010

Art

Let's just say I had a little bit of a lengthy post prepared, in which I was spilling emotions and regrets and excuses as to why I haven't done any art lately. Then it all got messed up, I got frustrated and deleted it all. You're probably grateful you don't have to read all the detail and drawn out version now. To sum it up, my excuses are: Motherhood (and life in general), guilt, and perfectionism.

But basically my point was I want to get back into doing art. A while ago I was lucky to meet one of Jeff's sister's friends, Jennifer Rasmusson. I was able to visit her art studio in her home and I was amazed. I now follow her blog and every time she posts new pieces, it gets my creative juices flowing. Check her stuff out. I love it!

Now I just need to get going on some stuff of my own.

2 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

I want to see what you come up with! I wish I had the ability to paint or use my hands in some way to create art, but I got nothing:) That's why the only art for me is behind a lens. I can tell the camera what to do and it just does it for me. Be sure to post some of your projects!

Autumn said...

I am NOT a perfectionist but I know people who are and it gets in their way of doing stuff...ah-I'd love to see what you do!