Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The 4th (and 5th)







On the 4th of July we had Jeff's parents over for a farewell roast dinner since they were leaving for their mission to Perth, Australia the next day. We also had Jeff's brother Scott and his family over. Jeff's parents couldn't stay too long, understandably busy with things to do to get ready. Scott and his family stayed for some ladderball, roasting marshmallows, and a few fireworks. They mostly had fun blowing stuff up with fire crackers.





We did most of our celebrating on the 5th. I wanted to go to the hot air balloons at 6:30 in the morning, but Jeff had to help the scouts set up flags in the neighborhood, so I made him promise me we'll go next year. We made it to the parade, though.









We were finally able to see my cute little sister, Natalie (the one looking at the camera), in a parade doing her color guard stuff.

This is my sweet Grandpa Schumann (& Grandma holding his hand) who is a WWII combat veteran. I love it when he is in the parade, he's so cute and he makes me so proud! I get pretty choked up on this holiday. My heart swells with pride and patriotism for my country and for those who serve it.

Grandpa and Grandma after the parade:

Hudson's being a little shy, but I love that these two have the opportunity to know each other.





After the city festivities, we went out to lunch, then went to a park and let Hudson play in the creek while our idea was to relax in the shade. Hudson wanted us to play hide and seek and play in the water, so we didn't get much relaxing in. Then we went to have one last quick visit with Jeff's parents and watched them head off for the airport. Then we picked up some fried chicken and Roxberry's and headed over to my grandma's house to celebrate her 83rd birthday.


...and since I just posted my grandma's birthday, I'll post a pic from grandpa's birthday last month:
I think he's 87 now.

3 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

What a fun holiday you had! Love all the pictures!

Holly said...

awww seriously i love those pics of your gpa in the parade they are sooo cute!

Jake said...

Awesome pics of your grandparents! Gives me chills too!! I love the flag backdrop.