Friday, November 19, 2010

H:5, J:32


Hudson and Jeff both had birthdays this week. Hudson turned 5!

He started his morning out with a 5 shaped chocolate chip pancake.
Then off to preschool with his birthday treats to share with his class:




That afternoon we had a little birthday party for him with some of his friends. He wanted a "Bolt" themed party, but of course since the movie has been out for quite some time, there are no Bolt themed party things in stores, so I had to get a little creative. I made some homemade invitations with a picture of Bolt on the front.
Hudson asked for a pinata again this year, so this is what I made:


I think it turned out pretty good!

We started the party out with coloring Bolt pictures, then had cake and ice cream, played pin the tail on the donkey, Simon Says, Duck Duck Goose, and ended with the pinata.

He got really spoiled with all the nice gifts his friends brought him, but I didn't get any good pictures.

Hudson's Grandma and Grandpa Bell and Aunt Samantha came and brought Hudson some nice gifts, too, like the DVD "How to Train Your Dragon". I think he's only watched it about 12 times in the last 2 days. :)

I got him a stuffed "Bolt":
Jeff got him a Nerf gun (that had been hiding on a shelf since last Christmas...oops.)
And we also got him a new "big boy" bed and new bedding, painted and rearranged his room. I still need to get some things hung up on the wall, curtains, etc., but I think it turned out so cute! He loves his new bed! (Sorry, bad picture, but it gives you the idea.)


I of course didn't get any pictures of Jeff's birthday 'cause I'm a loser like that. Jeff came home early from work and I took him to the driving range at the golf course and we hit a bucket of balls. Pretty hilarious. Then we had to come home and take Hudson to the doctor for a check up and immunizations. While we were there Jeff ended up getting a flu shot and a pertussis shot...on his birthday, poor baby! Ha.
Then we dropped Hudson off at the neighbors again and went out to dinner and then to a shooting range where we went skeet shooting in the dark. Also hilarious. I hit 3 or 4 targets out of 25...Jeff shot 24 out of 25. I had fun spending time with him doing things he loves and I think he had a pretty good time, too!
I love both my birthday boys so much and hope they had wonderful birthdays!

6 comments:

Tami said...

cute bedding! Hudson is looking so much older, he is such a cute kid!

rizodizo said...

haha... I gave my son a gift that was missed at christmas time too... love it! Happy Birthday, isn't it crazy how time flies... His bed is "cool" You did a great job on the pinata... you are so good at everything!

The Catmull Crowd said...

Hey that last comment was from me... I was in my sisters account sorry!

Cori Henderson said...

Love the bedding, and you did an awesome job and that pinata! Super cute Nichole!!!

Holly said...

haha love that pinata! your such a cute mom!

Autumn said...

This little dude is so cute!!!!! Nice pinata!!

Congrats on the girl!!