Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Preschool and Soccer

Wow! It's been a while! Of course Jeff and I haven't done anything exciting lately, although there will be a post soon to follow that will be exciting, so stay tuned. But for now, it's a post all about Hudson.

He started preschool this fall. He was excited to go all summer, but when the morning actually came, he was really reluctant to go. I had to go in with him and stay for a few minutes, then left him in tears. His teacher said he was fine after a minute or two. This went on for a few days, then he got better. I still had to walk him in for a week or two, now he has been going in by himself and is so excited to go to school! He loves it! He has the best teacher and they do the cutest things. I'm always excited to hear about his day and see what he brought home. I have to admit I'm really liking having 6 hours a week to myself, although it goes by really fast. I could go for a few more.
Here are some first day pics: (the best we could get with the ham)

He had to have a Mario backpack since that's what all his friends were getting. Peer pressure in preschool!?



We put Hudson in soccer this year-his first time playing an organized sport. Again, he was really excited when we would talk about it, but once it came time to actually play, he was really hesitant and didn't want to play. We were kind of the mean parents on the sideline bribing and threatening the kid to play, only because we knew once he did it he would love it. We were right. After a couple of weeks (of torture for all of us) he finally wanted to play and he had a blast. His little team was so cute. Pre-k soccer is the most hilarious thing to watch! His team, the coyotes, only scored 2 goals the whole season (in the last two games), but by the end they were finally catching on!
Hudson was so funny. Every time he kicked the ball he would would stop and yell at us "I kicked the ball!" or come running over to tell us and give us 5, all while the game went on around him.
I think it was a great thing for Hudson to learn and grow and get some exercise!
Go Coyotes! Arooooo!



Always "needing" a drink every 5 minutes.

These 3 hooligan friends thought soccer games were actually wrestling matches. They spent most of the games wrestling each other out on the field! :)

3 comments:

Tami said...

Oh my gosh he looks older to me. He seems like he has such a cute personality! I love that first soccer picture of him kicking the ball, great action shot!

Cori Henderson said...

He's so cute! I can't wait to hear the exciting post:)

Autumn said...

SO darling. ps, I love his name picks for the baby!