Thursday, February 12, 2009

25 Random Things Tag


I was tagged by my friend Tami.

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you.

1. I already did this on Facebook, but I'm a sucker for tags, and I after I did it on Facebook, I kept thinking about all the stuff I should have put, and wanted to do it again but didn't want people to think I was lame for wanting to just continuously go on and on and on about random stuff about myself! (And of course now I can't think of any of the "defining" or "astounding" things about me that I wanted to post!)

2. I have to put my right leg up on the counter when putting on my makeup.

3. I am a bed hog. We went from a California king to a queen and it about killed me. I'm pretty used to our queen now, but Jeff gets about 4 inches of the bed and I sprawl out on the rest.

4. My favorite flowers are ranunculas.

5. Ok, This one is really weird. And oh, so random. I always wonder what someone would think of me if they went through my garbage. Like once I stuffed a sliced cheese wrapper in a candle jar and threw it away and I had 2 thoughts: 1. Has anyone else in the world ever thrown away a cheese wrapper in a candle? 2. If someone found this, what conclusions would they come to about the kind of life I live? ...........................Yeah. I told you it was weird. I think like this all the time.

6. I have a whole tub of stuff I've saved from my childhood: volanic rocks from Mt. St. Helens, seashells, stuffed animals, books, paper dolls, clothes, blankets...I can't get rid of it!

7. This probably isn't a shocker to anyone, but I'm terrified of socializing. I never know what to say, I don't know how to carry on a conversation, and I'm afraid that I might come across as being stuck up or boring or some other undesirable quality. This makes it hard for me to "hang with the girls" because I always feel like I'll just have to talk and laugh about everything, and I'm so not like that. I can talk alot once I get to know someone really really well, but I feel like by the time I get to know someone, they know me as quiet, shy, Nichole, so I don't want to shock or offend them with who I really am!

8. I have really bad table manners when there is no one to have manners in front of. Why are elbows on the table such a bad thing? I would love to live in a culture where you eat with your hands.

9. I am addicted to sugar. No, really. ADDICTED.

10. All of my 2 brothers and 4 sisters are half siblings (although we don't see it that way) and they range in age from 36, 35, me at 26, 18, 16, 14, 8. (I think those ages are right?)

11. When we had to disect a frog, baby shark, baby pig, etc. in school, I sat on a table of all boys, and I was the only one who would dare do the disecting...and I loved it!

12. I hate math. With a passion. The only F I ever got was in geometry. Yes, I got an F. I was also a 4.0 student for a big chunk of my educational career.

13. Although I hate(d) math, I still remember this mathematical equation although I have no idea how to use it or what it means: x= -b + or - the square root of b squared -4ac all over 2a.

14. I hate trying on clothes. I would rather buy clothes, try them on at home, and return or exchange them if they don't work. Jeff hates this.

15. I never thought I would like listening to financial talk radio. Specifically Dave Ramsey. Now I love listening to it and get mad if we are listening to it on the way home, get home, and Jeff turns the car off in the middle of a call. I make him turn it back on and sit in the garage until the call is over. We are also Financial Peace University graduates. Booyah.

16. Jobs I've had: pulling weeds for Cedar Hills, busser/server assistant at Fireside Pizzeria, physical therapist aide (where I met Jeff), pulling/processing orders for Love to Learn, making jewelry for Tres Jolie, decorating gumballs at Kencraft, Bath and Body Works, & cleaning a DHL warehouse.

17. I was a strict vegetarian for about 6 months when I was in highschool. I wouldn't even eat crumb donuts because one of the ingredients was beef lard. Now: Bring on the meat with a side of beef lard laden donuts.

18. If I could get free "work" done, I would get laser eye surgery, laser hair removal, laser teeth whitening and maybe get some veneers or something on my front teeth, and tummy lipo.

19. I'd rather deal with cavities than floss. And I hate the dentist.

20. I am in my pajamas and look ridiculous 90% of the day 90% of the time. And usually won't answer the door because of it.

21. Before I got married, I used to not even be able to shuffle a deck of cards, let alone play card games. Now I can shuffle and play and I love it! My latest favorite is challenging Jeff to a game of Nerts whenever we get a minute.

22. My stocking is my favorite thing on Christmas.

23. I like going through bins of pens and pencils and sharpening all the pencils to a needle-like point, and going through and scribbling with each pen to see which ones work and discarding the ones that don't. It's so rewarding!

24. I have to use Pantene for my hair or I cry.

25. I am nowhere near as organized as I would like to be and always get overwhelmed when I try to start.

I tag anyone who wants to do it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

About number six---don't get rid of that stuff. One day you will wish you had it all to show your kids.
I chucked mine, and I regret it now that my kids are old enough to appreacite my childhood "treasure."

Just stuff it somewhere in the crawl-space.