Friday, June 6, 2008

Our Little Mechanic


For those of you who have never been to our house, our backyard connects to a park that we share with about 8 other neighbors. We all take turns mowing it and I decided I would go out and do it today. It takes at least a couple of hours. Anyway, I got about half way done when the lawnmower died. I couldn't get it started again. Jeff was working in our yard and keeping an eye on Hudson, so when he saw me trying to get it started, he came to help me. It wouldn't start for him either so we both just kind of stood there wondering what to do. Then Hudson ran off to the house and came back with a hammer. I could just see what was going through his head. "Duh, Mom and Dad. If it's broken you need a tool to fix it! If you're not bright enough to figure that out, I'll do it myself." He started hammering the lawnmower and after we gave it a couple more pulls, it started!
He loves "fixing" things and loves helping in the yard. As we've been digging trenches and raking rocks and dirt, nailing, wheelbarrow-ing, pulling weeds, etc., he's been there helping do it all. He's one tough kid who's not afraid to get his hands dirty!

2 comments:

Gina said...

YOU DID IT! I came to check your blog today and was going to call you, but you already made a list of bloggers! You're so cool. Good job! Did your pics turn out from Thanksgiving point?

Tami said...

Hey Nichole thanks for the comment on our blog! It is so fun seeing you and your cute little family. What a cute litte guy you have!! I love the blogging thing cuz not only is it a great journal it is so fun keeping in touch with friends. I will be back to see what you are up too. Take care, Tami