Monday, August 11, 2008

Ear Tubes


Because of frequent ear infections, we took Hudson to the hospital today and got ear tubes put in. The hospital gave him a red teddy bear, then he got some "bracelets" put on. Then he had to change into some tiger "jammies" and red socks. He wasn't too sure about that. Then he got offered a ride in a wagon to go back to the operating room, but he wanted daddy to carry him instead. Then they took him and mom and dad had to wait in the waiting room. Luckily it only took about 15 minutes. They put him under general anesthesia and got it done really fast! Then the nurses brought him out and we went to the recovery room for about 15 minutes and it was all over! Hudson did so good and he's such a good boy! We hope this helps him with his ear troubles. We are supposed to put 3 drops in his ears 3 times a day for 3 days, so we did that as soon as we got home, and he wasn't too happy about that. I think he's feeling pretty good, though. He wanted to ride his bike as soon as we got home, but I made him come in and watch The Incredibles for a little bit (trying to sneak in some snuggle time!).

2 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

Oh, I'm glad that's over. Poor little guy! He's so adorable. I had a nephew that had to get tubes, it makes a huge difference. To answer your question, I just design my own backgrounds. I follow the directions on this blog:
www.sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com
I get the paper from Shabby Princess and then I design my header on photoshop.

Tami said...

Oh how sad. I am glad he did so well. I am sure you wanted some snuggle time after that. I always want to hold on to my babies a little more when they are sick. It makes me sad when they have to be in pain. I am sure it will help a whole lot. Tell him good job for being so tough!