Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cheese Toast and Pears


I originally took this picture to show how cute an open-faced sandwich could look when cut with an apple slicer. A cute flower! But then I thought about why I like this quick, simple meal. When I was younger and we would go visit my Grandma and Grandpa Schumann, this was always a quick little meal Grandma would whip up for her guests. Of course she would butter the bread, put on the cheese and broil it. Much yummier that way. I just skip the butter and throw it in the microwave. It's not as good and the bread gets a little soggy, but hey, I'm lazy. Pair it with a side of canned fruit (usually pears but peaches are good, too!), and you've got a quick little meal! I like to make this for our lunch when I can't think of anything else to make.


***Bathroom Frustrations
You know how they say most little kids in the potty training age are afraid of using the potty in public restrooms because of the automatic flusher, they are huge, and they are unfamiliar? Not Hudson. I think he enjoys using public bathrooms. I took him shopping yesterday. I went to 3 stores within walking proximity of each other. He "had" to go potty twice in the first store, once in the second store, and once in the third store. All within about an hour or so. I know he can hold it longer than that because he does all the time. And I know he doesn't have a bladder infection or something like that because he always does this when we're out, but not at home. The only reason he had to go in the third store is because he overheard a little girl talking about the potty and all of a sudden he "had" to go potty too. The last 2 times he only went a couple of drops and the other time nothing at all. I swear he just likes to go in and check out the facilities! It is so frustrating to have to find a bathroom (which is usually clear on the other side of the store), leave your cart outside hoping an employee doesn't come and put your stuff away, find a stall that is clean enough to use, go through all the motions, wash both your hands trying not to get soaked because your kid is playing in the water....you get my point. And I can't NOT take him or tell him to hold it because you never know if he REALLY needs to go and it will result in an accident (which we've had in the car a few times because he's held it to the last second and we can't pull over soon enough. We're starting to have him pee on the side of the road a lot lately. What would I do with a girl?) Anyway, just wanted to know if this was "normal" or if any of your kids have fascinations with public bathrooms?

4 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

I love the way that looks! I need to get me an apple slicer, my girls would love that! Also, Brielle always has to check out the facilities wherever we go. SO annoying.

Tami said...

Lol that is so dang funny. I am glad it's you and not me though. I hate having to take brooklyn to the bathroom while we are shopping.

Gina said...

At least he's going in the stores. My fear is having Mason pee in the middle of store and trying to figure how to clean it up or what to do. He's been doing pretty well though. No accidents yet in the store. Knock on wood Ü Post some pictures of what your painting. I'd love to see

B +E + L said...

Cute idea. I'll have to try that when Luke get's a bit older.