Monday, April 6, 2009

Paint, Paint, and more Paint

I have painted twice within the last couple of weeks. I am trying to get out of my decorating rut and color rut. So I decided to go for blue. This wall was originally red. Then I painted it the blue on the right, but it didn't turn out like I expected, so I painted again this darker, grayer blue on the left. I'm still not sure about it, but I like it a ton more from what it used to be and I'm glad for the change. Plus I don't really have a choice. Jeff would kill me if I wanted to paint it again! :)


Now I need to find some decor that will give me some pops of color. Everything is brown and blue! I'm thinking rusty oranges, or lime and/or mossy greens? I don't know! Help!

I found these table runners and Burlington and I'm planning on making them into valences for my kitchen. I haven't quite decided how I'm going to do it... we'll see how they turn out.

I guess I need to post an after picture of it all done, but I don't have it decorated like I want, and that could take a while! It will probably be a work in progress forever, but when I feel like it's getting closer, I might post a pic or two!

7 comments:

Gina said...

I love the 2nd blue color! In fact that's the blue that's in my bedroom. That grayish ice blue! Love it. You have been busy painting!

Tami said...

I love the paint color! It looks so great and I think that fabric is really pretty! Decorating is so much fun I definitely want to see pictures!

The CHAFFIN'S said...

So...I got my color swatches! When can you come paint with me?!? :) It looks good girl!!! Love ya

Alysha said...

Hi Nichole! You definitely need to post some pictures when you're done. I am excited to see it. Since I've been home with the baby I've had more time to watch TV, and I'm loving all the home decorating shows. I also want you to know that I appreciate the comments you make on my blog and I would LOVE to get together with you. I miss you. Thank goodness for blogs!

Tiare said...

Nichole I love the color! When you're done, could you come over to my place and help me figure out what color to paint my place? I'm so non-committal and such a chicken. Good job. It looks gorgeous!

The Catmull Crowd said...

I love painting! and I love color. I can totally relate with the switching things up a bit. Paint really can change a room! oh. ps i found your blog on someone elses. Your little guy is adorable...especially saying the articles of faith...so cute!

Bennett Family said...

I love those colors. I am going to have to come over and see your house, not just the entry way. Its fun to redecorate.