Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas

We had a great Christmas! On Christmas Eve, I spent the day making cookies. That evening we went to my dad's house for dinner. My step-mom always makes a smoked turkey dinner that is so yummy! Then we exchanged our gifts. They spoiled us as usual and got us the Cabela's Big Game Hunting game for the Wii (which was sitting under our Christmas tree to be opened the next morning!).
After their house, we went to my aunt's house for my mom's side of the family's party. She always hosts a Christmas Eve party and I love it. There is more food and treats, then it has become tradition for the little kids to break open a pinata and for the adults to play Bingo. If you get a Bingo you get to pick a prize. We all kind of contribute to the prizes. Bingo has become one of my favorite traditions! I wish I had better pictures from Christmas Eve.
But on to Christmas day. Here is our little family picture in front of the tree before we open presents. I look a little scary and it's blurry, but at least Jeff and Hudson look cute.

This must have been Christmas Eve because I'm dressed and look much better than above. :)
The cookies, milk, and Hudson's letter we left for Santa Claus.

Santa ate all of his cookies and milk! Santa has started the tradition of picking up a pineapple for us and left it on his empty cookie plate. He also left a letter for Hudson and left "magic dust" all over the kitchen table!

Santa brought Hudson a Woody doll, a top priority on his list!

A drum set? What was Santa thinking?!


Jeff was pretty excited about this one...

Relaxing on the couch after the morning craziness, holding a new favorite toy, watching "Up", one of his new favorite movies.

Listen for him to say "I didn't know I wanted this!". So cute.


Christmas night we went to Jeff's parents for a turkey dinner and we played Apples to Apples. Then we went home and Jeff's brother and his wife and 2 of their kids came to spend the night with us. We played Wii all night long and pretty much all day the next day, too. Between the Cabela's hunting game and the Wii Fit Plus (Jeff's present to me!), we had lots of new stuff to figure out and have fun with. We had more of Jeff's family come over the next night to play more Wii. Lot's of kids and craziness, but it was fun having everyone over and Hudson loved playing with all of his cousins. We had a great Christmas, and hope you all did, too!

5 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

So fun! I love it! But seriously, I have to wonder what Santa was thinking with the drums:) We got a Wii too, and that's pretty much all we did all weekend!

Tami said...

how fun! We got the wii fit too. I am excited to see how we like it! I love the pineapple that Santa left, that is hilarious!

Autumn said...

HA!!!! So cute. Wii fit plus-my parents have it and I'm loving playing with it!!

Bennett Family said...

I am going to have to come over and try the wii fit. I seriously want one.

Blackham said...

Looks like you had a awesome Christmas! I'm glad santa brought Jeff his starter. You can tell he was really excited. We want a Wii so bad. We will have to come over to your house until we can get one.