Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What We've Been Up to in December

Warning: Picture overload!

We went to see the lights at Temple Square with Jeff's family. I haven't been since before Hudson was born, so I was glad to be able to go. It was freezing, but we had fun!






Above: Hudson with his cousins and Grandma.

These were taken at Jeff's family's kids Christmas party. The kids have a party in the morning and the adults have a party at night.
This year Grandpa W. filled a box full of sawdust and hid money and candy in it for the kids to find. The adults even got a turn. I got about $4 in coins, I think Jeff got about $5.

The kids were just happy with candy!

I was in charge of helping the kids make a Christmas craft. Some of you were wondering why I was collecting laundry scoops. This is it...

A closer view...on our tree.


Hudson actually sitting on Santa's lap (a miracle. He still hates Santa!) telling him he wants 2 robots for Christmas.


I made 2 different neighbor gifts this year. Some got these wooden blocks I made.

And some got these magnets I made....

Along with cookies. Delicious cookies, I might add. For the recipe, go HERE.

I decided to do a different style of decorating the tree this year. I splurged and bought new ornaments, mostly at Tai Pan.

I decided to try and make homemade bread and cinnamon rolls for what I think was my first time ever. It turned our alright, I guess, but I still have a lot of practicing to do before I get it to be how I want it.

Jeff and I cleaned out our office. What a task. It was ridiculous. We filled up 3 kitchen garbage bags full of papers we had been filing and saving. I had been shredding and shredding and shredding with no end in sight, and finally told Jeff "We should just have a fire and burn it all." So we did. This is when we had about a foot and a half of snow in our yard.


My new addiction. I used to not be a whipped cream fan, but now, as you can tell, I can't get enough of it in some hot chocolate. I also like putting an Andes Mint or two in there. YUM. Good thing I'm out of whipped cream.
Every year, Jeff's aunt and uncle have friends and family over to their house. In their front yard they have a huge army tent with a stove inside. Santa somehow got his sleigh in the tent and was waiting there so the kids could tell him their Christmas wishes. They served hot chocolate with marshmallows, and had bags of popcorn and dum-dums. Uncle Les used to give everyone a horse pulled carriage ride around the neighborhood. This year he did a tractor pulled hay ride. It was so much fun. We sang Christmas carols as we rode around and looked at the neighbors Christmas lights. I love this tradition!

Uncle Les & Aunt Nancy. They are the coolest!


Anyway, that has been some of the things we've been up to this month. We hope you are enjoying your December as much as we are! I probably won't be posting again until after Christmas, so we hope you all have a great Christmas! We love you!

2 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

I love all the pictures! Looks like a fun month:) Good job on making home made bread. My parents are so good at it, and I have yet to master that domestic ability (along with many others:)

Misty said...

Remind me to be your neighbor next year! I love your little neighbor gifts.. they are darling. Def. putting mine to shame. lol