Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fall Harvest







Today we were looking in our garden and discovered most of our cantaloupe has gone rotten. I think they were done growing, and we just kept waiting for them to get bigger, so they went bad. We picked a few little ones that weren't mushy yet, so we'll have to see how they taste. I decided to go ahead and pick most of my Jack be Little pumpkins but there are still a few yellow ones that aren't quite ready. Our corn is finally ready and we had some for dinner and it was delicious! We've also been enjoying a few tomatoes here and there, and we are still getting a few crookneck squash and zucchini. I don't think we're going to be able to harvest any honeydew, and we only have a few little carrots. Oh well. This was our first garden and a big learning experience. I think we'll do better next year! But we have had so much fun with this one and we are blessed to have what we have!

3 comments:

The CHAFFIN'S said...

Your Harvest is beautiful!!! Now I wish I would have taken pictures of all the stages of our garden like you had done! I will have to remember that for next year! You sure do look pretty in your picture! Love ya tons Sis!!!

Tami said...

I love your cute little garden and I am sooooooo jealous. I seriously wouldnt be able to keep anything alive. I am so bad at that. Please tell me how you do it I would love to have a garden like that. I love all the pictures!

Cori Henderson said...

I love your garden!!!! It Looks so good. I love this time of year for all the yummy things you can get out of the garden. Mark and I don't have one, but I can't wait to do one sometime, and seeing yours inspires me to do that. I'm not sure if I would be able to do it very well though, (I always mooch off my parents garden).