Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas

Christmas Eve, we went to my Dad's house and had a yummy dinner with my dad, his wife Jeannette, her son Simon and his wife Josie, and my little sister, Samantha. They gave Hudson this Lightning McQueen which is turning out to be one of his favorite gifts. It talks and dances and drives and can do literally about 125 things. He loves it.

After my dad's house, we went to my Aunt Cheralee's house for my mom's side of the family's Christmas party. We had more food, and then we did one of my all time favorite Christmas traditions...BINGO!
My aunt Karen started this a few years ago and now it's become a favorite tradition. Aunt Karen sells Avon so our prizes started out as mostly Avon products, but now we a few of us also save little odds and ends we find on sale throughout the year or re-gifts (hee hee) to contribute. Once you get a bingo, you pick a prize. It's a blast and we all get pretty into it.

Then the there was a pinata for the kids. Hudson wasn't too sure about it.

Hudson got spoiled this year as usual. Lots of toys. Some of his favorite ones are his Buzz Lightyear, a Spider Man car that shoots missiles, some Tonka trucks, Batman helicopter, remote control dinosaur, and Wall.E and Kung Fu Panda DVDs. I told you he was spoiled. (It was a pain to even get him out to even look at, let alone open the presents that were under the tree. See video and explanation at the bottom.)


Jeff got me this sweet "Clip it Up" for all my scrapbooking stuff. I had been wanting one forever. It's basically a rack with hundreds of little clips to hang all of your scrapbooking supplies. I'll have to post a picture later of it with all my stuff on it. I love it. I also love that since we've gone to Samoa, Jeff... I mean Santa always fills my stocking with a pineapple and a mango...2 of my favorite fruits! Thanks, Santa!




I got Jeff a new fishing pole. He seemed to like it pretty well. After opening presents we went to my mom's house for a lunch/dinner-ish and watched some old movies of her and her family when they were young. It was awesome and stuff I've never seen before. I didn't even know they had video cameras back in those days! There is footage of my mom as a baby and she was born in 54. Crazy!
Then we headed over to Jeff's parents for yet another dinner and then we played some games. Between Christmas Eve and Christmas day, we had a long, busy couple of days, but it was nice to be able to spend it with family.


So it's getting really irritating how dark my videos come out. Any tips? Sorry, you can't even see him in this video, but Hudson is just to the right and behind the Christmas tree in the hall. Anyway, Hudson was so grouchy on Christmas morning. Jeff and I had been up for probably about an hour, just waiting for him to wake up. When we heard him playing in his room, we told him to come out and to see what Santa had brought him. He didn't care. He finally emerged, and just stood in the hall. Then he said he wanted to go back to bed. He went in his room and came back out to the hall with a his big stuffed dog and just played on it. After a ton of persuasion, he picked a present out and put it in front of the stuffed dog to "open". We finally had to pick him up and force him to open a present. Then he slowly started to get into it. Weird kid.

2 comments:

Holly said...

lol hudson looked so excited!! sounds like you had an awesome christmas. having that extra space makes such a difference we just did the family room downstairs and it feels like our house is so much bigger.

Cori Henderson said...

So fun!!! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. I love Hudson on Christmas morning, so cute!