Friday, January 2, 2009

Baby Hungry

My goal for 09 is to have a baby. When I hear this song (it should be playing), I apply the lyrics to how I feel about my whole infertility issue (in addition to feeling a little frustrated, emotional, sad, depressed, angry, overwhelmed, self pity....at least when it comes to this topic). The "you" is the baby we're waiting for, the "they" is everyone who is pregnant or has a baby or is just blessed enough to be able to have a baby. I had a whole novel written out about how I'm feeling right now, but I figured this explained it simple enough:

Every little thing I do, I do for you
With every little thing, I think a thought of you

And I try so hard not to notice
I try so hard not to care
I try so hard not to know that you're not here
But I'm counting down the hours
And I'm counting up the days
I try so hard not to show this side of me

Jealous of the way they walk, the way they talk
'Cause I don't think they know just what they got
I'm jealous of the way they look, the way they are
When I just want to be the way we were

And I try so hard not to notice
I try so hard not to care
I try so hard not to know that you're not here
But I'm counting down the hours
And I'm counting up the days
I try so hard not to show this side of me

Well, I try so hard not to notice
I try so hard not to care
I try so hard not to know that you're not here
But I'm counting down the hours
And I'm counting up the days
I try so hard not to show this side of me
This side of me, this side of me
This side of me, this side of me
This side of me, this side of me
This side of me, this side of me
This side of me

6 comments:

Tami said...

Nichole I really feel for you and and I will remember you in my prayers!

Nichole W. said...

Thanks! :)

Cori Henderson said...

My sister had infertility problems and had to do invetro & was finally able to have a child after ten years of trying. I saw how hard it was for her. I really hope things work out this year and you have a baby!!!

Laura said...

Hey, I just went to Cori's blog and just clicked on your blog. Wierd. I'm Cori's sister who couldn't have kids. We have three kids now thanks to invetro. We got twins the last time we did it. Hang in there you will get your little family. If you ever want to call I'm sure Cori will give you my number and I would be happy to let you know what worked for us. It's so individual so no one thing will work universally for everyone - but, if there's a will there's a way. I'll be praying for you too.

The CHAFFIN'S said...

OH Duckie! I know your pain and I am so sorry! I love you so very much and I really do know how you feel and I will pray for you and your family! I love you so much and I know it will happen for you!!! You deserve it!!! Much love to you!

Gina said...

Nichole, I'm so sorry. With my miscarriage, I have a glimpse of the heartache you must feel. God knows you and your heart. You are both in our prayers. Just as Hudson was an awaiting miracle, I'm sure you will see more miracles to come. God has a funny way of making things on his own time.