Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Good Example


I just finished reading all of the NieNie Dialogues archives (don't know what I'm talking about? Check her out HERE. Seriously. If you want a good read, start at her first entry and work your way up to the latest entry.) . It was like reading a novel I couldn't put down and I feel like she's the best friend I've never met. She made me laugh, made me cry, and most importantly made me take a closer look at how I'm living my life as a wife and mother. She finds joy and beauty in the simple, everyday interactions with her children, her family, and the world, and that's what she blogs about. I've been thinking about this a lot the past week or so.
I used to think I should only blog about the bigger things that happened in our lives such as trips, birthdays, etc., but really, it's the everyday moments that make up our lives and the ones that make me happy every day, such as Hudson getting himself ready to go for a family walk at night with frog slippers, pajama pants, flashlight, and the crown he made in church that says "I can be a good example".
Thanks NieNie for being a good example to me, even though we don't know each other. I am now trying to be a better wife and mother, and trying to slow down and enjoy my little frog prince a little more.

4 comments:

Tami said...

What a great post! I will have to read what your talking about. But I totally agree that we should record those cute little moments like your little guy in his frog slippers! Darling!!

Cori Henderson said...

I haven't read that before, but I'll have too! I agree with you guys too! Thanks for sharing Nichole!

Holly said...

aww that is so cute i love the slippers! your right the little moments we should capture as well, i just need to learn to always have my camera ready like you guys! i only ever take pic when we are doing something, like birthdays ect.

Autumn said...

It is such a fun blog to read!!