Friday, October 2, 2009

It's October!

First of all, I have heard that Faaleaga and Samasoni's families survived the tsunami, however, Faaleaga's family has lost everything, and those people don't have much to lose to begin with. But we are grateful to hear the good news that their families are ok.

Now, a few random pics from the past couple of weeks:

How Hudson eats his apples--a one bite ring around and then he's done.

Hudson and I were able to go to work with Jeff one day this week on the Mirror Lake highway. Of course we had to stop to do some fishing and take in the beautiful fall scenery.

Hudson looking spiffy in his new church clothes (and daddy's tie, of course. We have since bought him his own tie in the proper size.)

My mom and I recently canned 71 quarts of peaches. It was my first time canning peaches. I always think canning is insanity while I'm doing (all 2 times I've done it!) but I love the reward of looking at all those beautiful jars full of summer.
This is what became of my stove top. I'm not sure why there are all the different colors, but I thought it was cool and kind of artsy fartsy. It looked cooler in real life than in the picture.

And now....my Halloween decor. It's probably a boring post to most of you, especially since I think I posted pretty much the same things last year, but it's my blog so I'll do what I want! :)
I'm pretty proud of these pumkins cause they came out of our garden! The big one is BIG! The picture does not do it justice! A few of them rotted before harvest time which was sad, but I'm glad the big one survived.
A couple of new things for my porch this year. The pumpkin has a light bulb so I can have a Jack O Lantern without catching trick or treaters on fire.

One of my favorite decorations year after year. My good old skeleton.



This is my favorite little corner in the kitchen now! The corn in the vase is from our garden and I made the whole thing for a decoration in Relief Society when I had to teach the lesson (which went pretty well, by the way. But I'm sure glad it's over!)

I have mini pumpkins EVERYWHERE! We got a good harvest of them again this year. They are my favorite and great fillers for decorating with!

The top of my kitchen cupboards, which I don't usually decorate for Halloween, but I'm loving it!


The pumpkin filled kitchen table.

While decorating yesterday, I played scary music and then that night Jeff bought me one of my favorite movies, The Nightmare Before Christmas, on DVD (I have 2 copies on VHS which I can now get rid of!) which we watched.
Today I cleaned up all the plants from the garden and weeded and pulled out some rocks that have been bugging me all summer. It looks so clean and different without all the wild vines growing everywhere! I must admit, I am enjoying fall and I am excited for all the holidays coming up. I've even done some Christmas shopping!

4 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

I loved that post! Okay, I need to get on the ball and get my house decorated for Halloween! I love all of your decor! So cute!

Tami said...

I am so glad that everyone was okay after that terrible natural disaster!
I love love love your decorations! You did such a great job! I love having my house all decorated for Halloween. Hopefully I can find my stuff soon I really want to get all of it out!

Misty said...

I love all your pumpkins! Your house looks cute with all those little tidbits of it showing. I won't be breaking out the Halloween Decor this year.. I would rather pack things up and not worry about putting all that away too! lol So I am jealous of your cute decor!!

Autumn said...

Great pictures!!! I wish so bad we had pumpkins!!! We tried and it was growing GREAT-then bugs got to the base and ruined it. :( You are so on the ball w decor!! I love the apple ring. Canning always seems so exhausting to me!! Great work. I like the different colored spots too!