Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Mouse in the House

7:43 a.m., Jeff finds a mouse on top of the stairs. All the typical mouse hysteria sets in. Screaming, jumping up on couches, etc. Jeff doesn't know what to do. I don't either so I just figure you do what they do in movies: grab the broom.
The mouse ran from the stairs to under the couch. Jeff wanted me to lift it up (in bare feet) and he would do the bashing with the broom. After about 10 good bashes, he missed. Then the mouse ran down the hall into the linen closet. He was a pretty easy target in there (we thought) but we didn't want him running into any other rooms, so we used towels and a sheet as a feeble attempt to keep barricaded.
It's kind of a blur from here but there was more bashing with the broom, then he must have gotten past the small hurdles because he went under another couch, again tilted up by me (in bare feet) while Jeff did the bashing with the broom. Jeff smashed that broom to smithereens. Pieces of blue plastic were flying everywhere. Then the mouse finally met it's fate. As it lay lifeless on the floor, I told Jeff to take it outside and shoot it, just to be sure. He assured me it was dead.
Hudson and his poor little wide eyed cousin were watching the whole thing. Afterward, Hudson said "Daddy, that was amazing! Where'd you learn to do that?!"

Our mouse traps. Ha ha.

I've been jumpy all day. I know there are more.
But he was kind of a cute mouse, wasn't he?

3 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

Yuck! I had that experience last year and it wasn't too pretty either. Hope you don't have anymore!!!

The CHAFFIN'S said...

Oh my heck that is so gross and funny all in one! As I'm reading this I have a vivid movie going thru my head! LOVE what Hudson said! how fun is that boy! LOVE YA

Tami said...

Oh my gosh that exact same thing happened to us when we lived in our condo. The only difference is we used a swifter instead of a broom. lol, it was hillarious as I'm sure your experiance was too. We were both freaking out and yelling and running around because we didnt know what to do. lol, so dang funny and so gross. Hudsons comment was hillarious! What a cute little guy!