Thursday, November 6, 2008

Gratitude






My friend Erin has both of these things posted on her blog. I hope she doesn't mind me stealing them and putting them here. I just love passing good things along.
As Thanksgiving is coming up, I thought these were great reminders, and the 30 days of gratitude was a good way to stop and think about the abundance of blessings I have in my life and to make this holiday (and life in general) a little more meaningful. I hope you can click on it to view the full size and print it out and for the next 30 days write something you are grateful for each day. Count your many blessings! I loved that some examples Erin gave were a loaf of burnt bread (because you have the ingredients and the knowledge of how to make bread), a difficult child (because you God has entrusted you with that child)...etc. Sometimes (I would say always) life's hardships and trials are blessings in disguise if you just change your attitude and perspective and see what God is trying to teach you. (Erin also suggested keeping this list in your scrapbook or journal and maybe taking and adding a few pictures to it. I really could have just copied Erin's whole blog. Well, I kind of just did, but I still think hers was more eloquent!)
I am grateful for all of you in my life and I am so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Ha ha I loved Rainbow Bright and Today's Special. I forgot what that was called too. Loved the 30 days of gratitude paper. I saved it on my computer! Let's get together soon!