Tuesday, May 19, 2009

2009 Garden is IN!

I just got in from finishing planting our garden! We are doing much more this year than last year. Here is what we have planted:

  • green beans
  • carrots
  • cucumbers
  • potatoes
  • 2 varieties of peas
  • onions
  • scallions
  • 2 varieties of corn
  • summer squash
  • zucchini
  • watermelon
  • cantaloupe
  • mini pumpkins
  • big pumpkins
I am so excited the work is done and now we just get to sit back and watch it grow!

...........................................................................................................................................................................

More fun things Hudson has been saying lately...{I can't get enough of it!}

Yesterday morning, after Hudson just woke up.
H: I had a bad dream (visibly upset).
N: What was it about?
H: A scary guy.
N: What did he do?
H: Daddy saved me.

***
After his nap that same day.
N: Did you have a good nap?
H: Yes.
N: Did you have a good dream?
H: Yes.
N: What was it about?
H: Mickey Mouse.
N: What did he do?
H: He was sleeping in my bed!
N:He was!?
H: He was happy!

I don't think Hudson has had too much exposure to Mickey Mouse, but this is a pretty frequent dream for him, I think.

***

N: (Holding and rocking Hudson) You're my baby Hudson.
H: No, I'm Hudson!
N: You're my baby Hudson!
H: No! I can walk! See, like this!

***

Me trying to pry more sweet things out of him, and see what he really thinks of me.

N: Am I a scary mommy?
H: No.
N: Am I a mean mommy?
H: No.
N: Am I a nice mommy?
H: Yes.
N: Am I a fun mommy?
H: Yes.
N: Am I a sleepy mommy?
H: No.
N: Am I a silly mommy?
H: Yes.
N: Am I a.....
H: Diamond! You're a diamond!

He's been obsessed with diamonds since watching The Rescuers. But I still don't know how he comes up with this stuff!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

SOOOOOO cute!! You're a diamond!!