Sunday, May 24, 2009

Pregnant for a Day


Yesterday morning I took a test. It resulted in two pink lines. I couldn't believe it and showed Jeff. We held each other and cried and we were pretty much in shock. We decided we weren't going to tell anyone for a while. We both saw or talked to our families and wanted to share our news but enjoyed keeping our secret to ourselves. I got all excited and figured out what my due date would be, thought about cleaning out the office and pulling out my maternity clothes, thought about which doctor I would use, how we would creatively share the good news to our family, and Jeff immediately started not letting me lift heavy stuff. We were exhilarated.
Then, this morning, Jeff found an unopened pregnancy test. Then he looked at the opened wrapper of yesterdays test. I had mistakenly used an ovulation test which always result in two pink lines. I didn't know how to react. I was in tears and denial. Jeff insisted I take another pregnancy test, which was negative. Needless to say, I have cried and been depressed and feeling all sorts of emotions today. I told Jeff to go to the store and buy me a baby right now. He suggested we rent "Raising Arizona" so we could see if we could get any tips. Later I asked him what he was going to do about the situation (wanting him to solve all my sorrows). He said, "Love you." I said, "Love doesn't make babies," to which he replied (and I knew I had set myself up and what was coming next), "Actually...". We laughed. We are still broken hearted, but really, it's just back to life as we know it.
But it was fun being "pregnant" for one day.

8 comments:

Tami said...

Oh nichole that breaks my heart. STUPID ovulation tester thing. I can't imagine how upseting that must have been. I hope and pray you get your baby very soon!

Cori Henderson said...

I'm so sorry! What a disappointment for you! I didn't even know they had ovulation tests so I could see how that would happen. I hope and pray that you get your baby soon too!!!

Bennett Family said...

I think you are going to make me cry! That is like the sadiest trick in the whole world. I like Jeff's way of thinking....actually??? We need to hang out. I talked to Ashley Blackham last week and she said that we should have a barbaque, lets plan it.

Alysha said...

I am so sorry Nichole. I also pray for you.

Blackham said...

Nichole I am so sad. I about started crying for you when I read that.

Autumn said...

Oh my goodness! Tears for you, literally. I'm sorry!! I was SO excited when I first started reading your post!!! I'm sure it will be reality in time.

The CHAFFIN'S said...

My Dearest Sister Nichole! I love you so much and share in the sorrow of infertility. I know and have faith that you will have another baby soon! I love you and your beautiful family! Jesus and our Heavenly Father love you and know of your needs. I sit here and cry for you and your family. Much love to you!

Gina said...

Oh Nichole! You can come over and take care of my baby all you want to hold you over for now. We miss seeing you guys! Hang in there :)