Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Potty Training Update


Yesterday was WONDERFUL! He caught on so fast. His only accident was his first pee of the day. He came and stood next to me and had his accident, right in time for me to watch it run down his leg and onto the carpet (he only got to wear underwear and a shirt yesterday). He started gagging because he had pee on his foot. The rest of the day he made it every time. He actually wanted to go ALL the time, I think to get candy and stickers. Which I guess is a good thing, but it was a little tiring to go through all the motions of pulling the pants down, getting on the toilet, wiping, flushing, pulling up pants, washing hands, drying hands, only to turn around literally 2 minutes later and do it all again for only a few drops of pee. But I can't complain! I didn't change one diaper yesterday! Today I keep finding myself thinking "when did I last change Hudson's diaper? Oh yeah, he's not wearing one!" Funny, you would think with all that sitting in the bathroom it would be ingrained in my head by now. Oh, and he even stayed dry during his nap! (We'll see if that continues.)
I guess my only complaint would be about the potty itself. I bought him a Bob the Builder seat that you just put on the toilet, but the protective shield for boy pee is pretty much non existent, which leaves Hudson's "aim" pretty much straight out and onto the floor or the front of the seat. So we went out and spent another 20 bucks on a little potty that had a nice shield. Turns out he didn't want to use that (which I'm a little thankful for. I didn't want to be cleaning that thing out.) so it's back to the Bob. I took the shield off the little potty and rigged it to attach to the Bob seat, but then it was an obstacle for Hudson to get on and off the toilet, so I took it off today. Yesterday I would just put him on and pull him off the toilet, but I want him to learn how to do it himself. SO, that's a little irritating. I don't know what to do.
Anyway, I'm so proud of my little guy! Now I'm just nervous about taking him anywhere. He seriously wants to go at least 5 times an hour. And he refuses to wear those plastic liners over his underwear. I'm getting stressed out just thinking about it.
Well, thanks for for reading the potty blog.

3 comments:

Tami said...

I am so glad that he is doing so well. Brooklyn loves it too and is doing a great job.
One of my friends got this underwear called potty patty and I know that there is a boy kind I just forgot the name. But if you google potty patty training pants I am sure you will see them. They are great because they are padded so if he does have an accident while your out it wont go everywhere. And he will probably wear them because they are cloth. Good luck.

Cori Henderson said...

That's great that he caught on so fast! I am wishing Sierra would catch on that fast. I'm so sick of changing diapers. It is hard to go anywhere though - I think I'm going to google potty patty myself!

The CHAFFIN'S said...

Way to go HUDSON!!! Good job buddy! It will get better Duckie I promise...in dear sweet time!