Saturday, January 3, 2009

POST 100

Well, I feel like my last post was depressing, and I'm usually not like that...I was just having a moment when I posted that. Like the song says "I try not to show that side of me". I don't like to show how hard it is for me to not have another baby, especially when I already have the coolest kid on the planet. Thanks, though, for all of your thoughts and prayers. We need them! And we love all of you for caring so much about us! Now onto happier things....

I saw this tip in Parents magazine in the "It worked for me" section. You can go to Home Depot's paint department and get these cute Mickey Mouse shaped color samples and use them as a match game. Hudson had fun with it and hopefully it will help him start learning his colors since everything to him is BLUE!
I thought I'd never see the day, but we are actually starting to finish a little bit of our basement. We got the storage room mostly done today. I am so excited to start putting stuff in there (we were too wore out after we finished to start putting things away). And I have to brag about how amazing Jeff is at doing projects like this. He's the man. Love you, babe.
Hudson has had fun playing with all the tools and helping us. He's also used the 2x4's as "roads" for his cars.
Me using power tools. Yesterday I started to cry when I couldn't do the job Jeff assigned me with the drill, so today he resorted to giving me easier, hormonal wife-free jobs.

l
Hudson having fun riding on Daddy's leg. Jeff is the best daddy.

*Tonight Hudson sang "I am a Child of God" then complimented himself by saying "THAT WAS AMAZING!"

He's been saying the funniest things lately. He's the best.

1 comment:

Cori Henderson said...

That's awesome your finishing your basement, and I love the Mickey Mouse paint idea, I think both my kids would love it, even though they're older.