Monday, January 19, 2009

Take My Poll!


Just wanted to make sure everyone has a chance to take my poll on the right. I thought this "tip" was totally weird, it blew me away, so I wanted to know if I'm annoying people with music on my blog! Answer honestly!

***Do not use auto-loading music. I know you love music and you have great stuff to share. We all do. Our iPods sing with the coolest, hippest tunes around. Let's keep it on the iPods and out of the blogosphere, OK? Seriously, though, consider your readers in this instance. What if they are at work or next to a sleeping baby? They click over to your site and BOOM! Instant music and it's very loud because they weren't expecting it and their speakers are turned up. Don't forget that auto-loading music also takes up a lot of bandwidth and will make your blog load much slower. Every blogger I've spoken with says they immediately click away from blogs and web sites with auto-loading music. As with everything, there may be an exception to this, but I haven't found it yet.
You can see the entire article at www.tipjunkie.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Cori Henderson said...

I think its fine to have music. If people don't want to listen to it then they can turn off their volume, or push pause on the playlist. Not problem.