Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Meet Oakley


Yeah, we got a puppy. Again. I know, I know. Some of you are rolling your eyes at us. We are rolling our eyes at ourselves. Trust me. But I think finding the right kind of breed of dog for your family can be a trial and error process, learning what you really want out of a dog. I hope we have finally met our match. I have wanted a goldendoodle for a LONG time (a golden retriever/standard poodle mix) and for a few reasons. #1 They don't shed (or very little) because of the poodle in them. I wanted an indoor dog so we would have to spend time with it and train it right, but I didn't want dog fur in my house. Most non-shedding dogs are small and ugly, and I wanted a more sturdy and cool looking dog. #2 Poodles and golden retrievers are supposed to be 2 of the smartest dogs. Easy to train and eager to please. So far our training has gone pretty well and he's learning fast. But I'm not saying there isn't a lot of frustration that goes along with it. #3 Goldendoodles look like a big version of our dog, Zoe, that we had while I was in highschool (or shortly after highschool?) that got hit by a car and died. #4 I think Hudson needs a little playmate, and since the fertility thing isn't working so well, he now has a little buddy to run around with and wrestle with. They've been pretty cute together. And I also think I just have a "need" for something small to love again. Trying to fill my baby void, I guess.
So there you have it. Our FINAL dog for a very very very long time. Sometimes I feel like chopping my head off with the training (mostly the chewing and puppy biting), but then I see how much Hudson loves him and it makes it all worth it.

2 comments:

The CHAFFIN'S said...

Congratulations on the new addition to your family! Oakley is very cute! I'm really happy for you all! Thanks for posting your new blogs...I didn't see any pictures of witches night out...sad... I don't know why they didn't show up on my end...I will try again later hopefully it will work then. Love ya lots!!!

Cori Henderson said...

How cute!!! I didn't even see this post till today, but I have to say he is an adorable dog. I have always wanted a dog, but of course we are never in a position to get one. Someday...