Sunday, October 5, 2008

My "$300" Prize

I really don't want this post to sound like I'm ungrateful for my prize, but when I was told it was worth $300, I was pretty stoked and had some high hopes. But as it turns out, my sister went to pick it up for me since she lives closer to the station (thanks again, T), and she said they had to do a value receipt or something and said it was worth $100. But that's ok! You give me 100 bucks and I could go buy a TON of cool scrapbooking stuff! So, when I saw what I got, I was slightly disappointed....ONLY because I had such high hopes. I think I'd rather have $100! Don't get me wrong-- I still think it's awesome that I won and there are some fun things, but the majority of it is chipboard and I have never used chipboard in my life! I guess now is a good time to learn! Anyway, here are some pics of my loot.

The collection.

The book and it's contents. It's a really cute book with some cute ideas to make cards.

6 Magazines.

A pack of 8x8 paper.

Some stickers in what my sister called a cute tin.

7 Chipboard packs

This cute little 6x6 embossed chipboard album is probably my favorite thing out of the prize. But I won't know what to do with it.

More chipboard stuff from Basic Grey. I got 3 of these.

8 comments:

The CHAFFIN'S said...

Now that you place it all out it really doesn't amount to "WHAHOOO I WON!!!" I'm sorry...maybe you should call them and say..."On the phone you said $300.00 dollars in scrapbooking supplies not $100.00 when my sister picked it up the receptionist was talking to that lady in the back on the phone and she said it was $100.00 worth of stuff!!!" You should call... what's the worst thing that can happen...they tell you it was only the $100.00 the best thing is they could give you another $200.00 in what it should have been! It wouldn't hurt to try sister!!! Love ya and YES I will pick up the other prize stuff for you when they tell you to come get it.... Love ya

Nichole W. said...

Ha ha. I wish!

Marie said...

Looks like we need to do some scrappin' girl!

Gina said...

That's still cool that you won! I wish I had tv so I could watch GTU. I hear it's really cool.

Tami said...

Wow youve been posting a lot I like it. That picture of you with that hat on is sooo cute!

Cori Henderson said...

That stinks that its not as good as they said it would be. What a disappointment!

Tami said...

Wow you guy's look a lot a like!! It seriously looks like you! If I would have read the caption I probably would have known that wasnt you. My bad!

B +E + L said...

Hey Nichole. So good to hear from you. Tiffany told me that you had got pregnant after you moved away. I can't belive that was over 3 years ago. Crazy! Time flies! Hudson is really cute. I wish you the best on number 2. I know this process sucks. Good luck, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.