Sunday, October 19, 2008

Short, Sweet, and to the Point

Hudson loves to say prayers, but he just rattles off a one liner saying "Dear Heavenly Father, Thank Thee for the gospel, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen". So tonight we tried to explain to him that he needs to slow down and think about all of the things he is grateful for like grandmas and grandpas, food to eat, toys to play with, fishing (Jeff's suggestion, of course), etc. Then he said his prayer. The length of it didn't improve much, but at least he varied what he was thankful for. He had Jeff and I both giggling at the end, and Jeff said it was the best prayer he's ever heard:



"Dear Heavenly Father, Thank Thee for grandpa and fishing. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen".

5 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

ADORABLE!!! I loved it!

Tami said...

ok that is too cute! I love that picture, its so sweet.

The CHAFFIN'S said...

Tonights prayer...I want him to be thankful for his aunt "VISA"... do you think he could do it for me? You just have to love what kids say! Your doing a GREAT JOB with him!!! Kenli has to say the dinner prayer EVERY NIGHT!!!! She wont let anyone else do it so I told Hayli that she can help Kenli say it so I don't have to help her every night and that way Hayli gets a little bit of a turn too! Its so funny how kids are! Love you tons!!!

Marie said...

That is so cute!

Tiare said...

That is so sweet! I love that he said fishing. I think secretly Spencer says that in his prayers too! Your blog is adorable! Maybe you could send some of your Martha Stewart vibes my way...I need it!